Is COVID-19 testing covered by my plan?
YES, Wellcare will cover COVID-19 testing when performed in an official testing location, and/or when the test is ordered by a physician, non-physician practitioner, pharmacist, or other authorized health care professional.
Is there a cost to the COVID-19 testing provided in these locations that are covered by Wellcare?
NO, Members will not have any liability for these official tests.
Does Wellcare cover over-the-counter COVID-19 at-home tests?
- We continue to carefully monitor the pandemic and evaluate how best to serve our members during these unprecedented times. At this time Wellcare is not reimbursing members for COVID-19 at-home testing kits purchased independently online, or from a retailer.
- CMS is launching an initiative in early spring 2022 that provides payment directly to eligible pharmacies and other entities that are participating in this initiative to enable people with Medicare to get up to eight free over-the-counter COVID-19 tests a month. All Medicare beneficiaries with Part B will be eligible to get eight free over-the-counter COVID-19 tests per month through this initiative, whether enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan or not.
- In the meantime, we encourage our members to receive COVID-19 tests at official testing sites by health care professionals at no cost.
Where can I locate a free at-home COVID-19 tests?
- Every home in the US is eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days.
- You can order your tests now at www.covidtests.gov.
- Access COVID-19 tests through healthcare providers at over 20,000 free testing sites nationwide. A list of community-based testing sites can be found online.
ᎦᏙᎤᏍᏗ ᏂᎯ ᎤᏚᎸᏓ ᎾᎢ ᏱᏣᏅᏔ ᏄᏰᎵᏛ COVID-19
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a new disease that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person to person. People of all ages can be infected. Older adults and people with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma, diabetes and heart disease may be more likely to become severely ill if infected.
ᎪᏉᎾᏳᎩ ᎠᎴ ᏗᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏂᏚᎾᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲᎢ
ᎦᏙᎤᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎪᏉᎾᏳᎩ?
COVID-19 ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᎧᏬᎳᏕᏍᏗ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎾᏍᎩᎾᎢ ᎢᎬᏂᏌᏅᎯ ᎬᏗ ᎢᏤ ᎥᏳᎩᏃ ᏚᏙᏍᏛ, ᎾᏍᎩᏃ ᎠᏰᎵ Ꮎ ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏛ ᎤᏟᏍᏓ ᎢᎦᎵᏍᏗᏍᎩ ᏄᎵᏍᏔᎾ. ᎾᏍᎩᏃ ᎠᏎᏍᏗ ᏂᏓᎵᏱᎵᏙᎲ ᏂᎦᏯᎢᏒᎢ ᎾᎢ ᎧᏁᏉᎩ ᎢᎬᎾᏕᎾᏃ ᎠᎴ ᎡᎶᎯ ᎢᎬᎾᏕᎾᏃ.
ᎦᏙᎤᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎠᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏄᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲᎢ?
ᎾᏍᎩᏃ ᎠᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏄᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲᎢ ᎥᏍᎩ ᎪᏉᎾᏳᎩ ᎠᏠᏯᏍᏗ ᏩᏂᎦᎳ ᎾᎢ ᎤᎶᏒᏍᏔᏅᎯ ᎧᏬᎳᏕᏍᏗ ᎠᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏄᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲᎢ. ᎠᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏄᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲᎢ ᎠᏠᏯᏍᏗ ᎤᏗᎴᎲᏍᎩ, ᎤᏏᏩᏍᎦ, ᎠᎴ ᏍᏆᎳᎯᎨᏍᏗ ᎥᏍᎩ ᎧᏬᎳᏕᏍᎬ, ᎠᎴ ᎡᎳᏗ ᎧᏬᎳᏕᏍᏗ ᏚᏂᏢᎬᎢ. COVID-19 ᎡᎵᏊᏃ ᏗᏓᏠᎩ ᏱᎩ Ꮎ ᎠᏴᏫ ᎠᏓᎴᏂᏍᎬᎢ ᎬᏂᎨᏒ ᏂᎦᎵᏍᏗ ᎠᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏄᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲᎢ .
ᎦᏙᎤᏍᏗ ᏄᏓᎴᎢ ᏂᏕᎬᏂᏏᏍᎬ ᎤᏠᏱ ᎠᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏄᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲᎢ?
Influenza (the flu), a contagious respiratory illness caused by the influenza viruses (Type A and Type B), has high activity in the United States in the Fall/Winter months. Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine annually.
ᎡᎵᏊ ᎠᏯ ᏯᎩᎯ ᎠᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏱᎾᏩᎵᏍᏓᏁᎢ. ᎦᏙᎤᏍᏗ ᏓᎦᏚᏁᎵ?
ᎢᏳᏃ ᏂᎯ ᏱᏣᎭᏴᏢ ᎠᎴᏃ ᎬᏂᎨᏒ ᏄᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲ ᎠᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏄᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎴ ᎤᏴᏜ, ᎠᏟᏃᎮᏙᏗ ᏂᏨᏅᎢ ᎠᏰᎸ ᏄᏍᏗᏓᏅᎢ ᎠᎦᏎᏍᏗᏍᎩ ᎠᏓᏁᏢᏍᎩ ᎠᎴ ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏛ ᎤᎾᏓᏡᎬ ᎢᎬᏪᏅᏓᏉ.
ᏨᏌ ᏣᏓᎦᏎᏍᏕᏍᏗ ᎠᎴ ᏣᏤᎵ ᎤᏂᏚᎲᎢ.
ᏂᎦᏛᏉ ᏂᎦᎥ ᎢᎩᎮᏍᏗ ᏱᎦᏛᏁᏗ ᎾᎢ ᏗᎩᎸᏫᏍᏓᏁᏗᎢ ᎾᎿᎢ ᎠᏓᏍᏕᎵᏍᎬᎢ ᎢᎦᏤᎵᎢ ᏕᎩᏚᏒᎢ ᎠᎴ ᏏᏓᏁᎸᎢ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᎠᏱᎵᏙᎲᎢ ᎾᎿᎢ ᎪᏉᎾᏳᎩ. ᎾᏍᎩ ᎤᏠᏱ ᎾᎢ ᏐᎢ ᏗᎬᏓᏛᎪᏙᏓᏁᏗ ᏨᏳᎩ. ᏂᎯ ᎡᎵᏊ ᎾᏍᏊ ᏱᏍᏓᏯᏚᎦ ᎯᎠᏃ ᏗᏓᏃᎯᏎᎯ ᎾᎢ ᎠᏲᏍᏙᏗᏍᎩ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᏓᏠᎩ:
- ᏔᏑᎳ ᏙᏳᎣᏍᏓ ᎠᎴ ᎢᏳᏓᎵᎭᎢ. ᎬᏙᏗ ᎣᏝ ᎠᎴ ᎠᎹ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎢᎦᎢ 20 ᏓᏓᎾᏩᏍᎬᎢ.
- ᎬᏙᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎯᎯ-ᎤᏙᏢᏒ ᏦᏬᏰᏂ ᏗᎦᏅᎦᎸᏙᏗ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎯᎯ ᎬᏗ ᎠᏍᎪᎵᏰᏗ (ᎠᏎᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎢᎦᎢ 60 ᎢᏯᏓᏅᏖᏗ ᎪᏣᎴᏒᎢ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎯᎯ).
- Wear a face covering/mask when in public and/or around others who do not live in your home if you are not fully vaccinated
- ᎯᎰᎳ ᎱᏢᎦ ᎾᏳᎢ ᏧᏩᏍᎬᎢ ᎠᎴ ᏕᏨᏴᏍᏙᏍᎬᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᏧᏩᏍᎬᎢ /ᏕᏨᏴᏍᏙᏍᎬᎢ ᎾᎿᎢ ᎯᏍᎩᎶᎨᎾ.
- ᏂᏚᎵᏍᏛᎩ ᏩᏗᏅᏓ ᎾᎿᎢ ᏗᏓᏅᎦᎸᏙᏗ ᎾᎿᎢ ᎤᏲᏩᏗᏅᏗ ᏩᏗᏅᏗᎢ ᎬᏔᏅᎢ.
- ᎤᏓᏅᎦᎸᏓ ᎠᏰᎵ ᏗᎦᏚᎢ ᏙᏳᎣᏍᏓ.
- ᏦᏝᏍᏗ ᏗᏤᏅᏒᎢ ᎾᏳᎢ ᏣᏓᏂᎴᏍᏗ.
- ᏗᏓᏅᏗᏍᏙᏗ ᏗᏓᏲᎵᏍᏗᎢ.
- ᏗᏓᏅᏗᏍᏙᏗ ᎾᎥᎢ ᎠᏟᏃᎮᏙᏗ ᎠᏠᏯᏍᏗ ᎠᏂᏴᏫ ᎩᎶ ᏚᏂᏢᎦ.
- Get a flu vaccine annually.
Your Healthcare Coverage
ᎾᏍᎩᎾᏍ ᎠᏆᏤᎵ ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᎦᏚᏓᎸᏍᎩ COVID-19 ᏓᏂᎪᎵᏰᏍᎬᎢ/ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ/ᎧᏅᏩᏅᎯ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ?
ᎥᎥ. ᎾᏳᎢ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎬᏔᏂᏓᏍᏗ ᎢᏳᎵᏍᏙᏗ ᎠᎪᎵᏰᎯᏓᏍᏗ ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ, ᏅᏬᏘᏲᎢ ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎤᎾᏓᏅᏬᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎠᏓᏅᏒᎢ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎤᏟ ᎠᏰᎸᏅ ᎬᏗ ᎪᏪᎵ ᎤᎵᏍᎪᎸᏓᏁᎯ ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏛ ᎠᎦᏎᏍᏙᏗ ᎠᏓᏁᏢᏍᎩ, ᏂᎦᏛᏉ ᎠᏎ ᏓᏲᏧᏢᎾ ᏧᎬᏩᎶᏗ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎬᏔᏂᏓᏍᏗ ᎢᏳᎵᏍᏙᏗ COVID-19 ᏗᎪᎵᏰᏗ, ᏗᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ, ᎤᎾᎵᎪᏅᎯ ᎠᏂᎦᎾᎦᏘ ᎠᏩᏛᎯᏓᏍᏗ(Ꮝ) ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎤᎾᏓᏅᏬᏗ. ᎢᏳᏃ ᏗᏓᏂᎸᎩ, ᏣᏤᎵ ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᎠᏎᏢᎠᏈᏴᏓ, ᎢᎦᏛ ᎠᏈᏴᏓ ᎠᏚᏓᎸᏙᏗ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎪᏣᎴᏍᏙᏗ ᏧᎬᏩᎶᏗ-ᎠᏯᏙᎯᏍᏗᏍᎬ ᎠᏎᎢ ᎨᏒ ᏚᏲᏍᎦ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎬᏔᏂᏓᏍᏗ ᎢᏳᎵᏍᏙᏗ COVID-19 ᎠᎪᎵᏰᎯᏓᏍᏗ ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ, ᏅᏬᏘᏲᎢ ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ, ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎤᎾᏓᏅᏬᏗᎢ.
ᏄᏍᏛ ᎤᏓᎷᎸᎢ ᎠᎵᏍᎪᎸᏗᏍᎩ ᎠᏎᏳᏛᏗ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ COVID -19 ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ, ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎤᎾᏓᏅᏬᏗᎢ ᏂᏨᏅᎢ ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᏣᏚᏓᎸᏛᎢ?
Ꮭ. ᏂᎦᏛᏉ ᎠᏎ Ꮭ ᎠᏎᏳᏛᏗ ᏱᎩ ᎤᏓᎷᎸᎢ ᎠᎵᏍᎪᎸᏗᏍᎩ, ᎤᏓᏅᎸᎢ ᎪᏪᎵ ᎬᏂᎨᏒ ᎢᏳᏩᏁᎯ, ᎤᏓᎷᎸᎢ ᏗᏓᏃᏣᎳᏁᎯ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎢᏯᎳᏍᎬᏓ ᏗᎨᏥᏅᏬᏗ ᏗᎧᏃᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎬᏔᏂᏓᏍᏗ ᎢᏳᎵᏍᏙᏗ COVID-19 ᎠᎪᎵᏰᎯᏓᏍᏗ ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ, ᏅᏬᏘᏲᎢ ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ, ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎤᎾᏓᏅᏬᏗᎢ ᎾᏳᎢ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎬᏔᏂᏓᏍᏗ ᎢᏳᎵᏍᏙᏗ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ ᎠᏓᏅᏒᎯ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎧᏁᏍᏔᏅᎩ ᎬᏗ ᎤᏓᎵᏍᎪᎸᏓᏁᎸᎢ ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏛ ᎠᎦᏎᏍᏙᏗ ᎠᏓᏁᏢᏍᎩ.
ᎭᏝᏅ ᏰᎵᎢ ᏱᏥᎦ COVID-19 ᏓᏂᎪᎵᏰᏍᎬᎢ/ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ/ᎧᏅᏩᏅᎯ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ ᎭᏫᏂ ᎠᏆᏤᎵ ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᏣᏚᏓᎸᏛᎢ?
Medically necessary COVID-19 diagnostic testing, medical screening services and/or treatment and the associated physician’s visit will be covered when ordered, referred and/or performed in the following In-Network locations:
- ᎠᏂᎦᎾᏘ /ᏗᎾᎵᏏᎾᎯᏍᏗᏍᎩ ᏧᏂᎸᏫᏍᏓᏁᏗ
- ᎤᎾᏓᏤᎵᏛ ᎤᎾᏙᏢᎯ ᎠᎦᏛᏙᏗ ᎧᏅᏑᎸ/ᎠᎪᎵᏰᎯᏓᏍᏗ ᎠᏓᏁᎸᎢ
- ᏄᎵᏍᏛ ᎠᏓᎦᏎᏍᏙᏗ ᏱᎬᎾᏕᎾ
- ᎤᏟᏍᏓ ᎢᎦᎵᏍᏗᏍᎩ ᎤᎾᏓᏡᎬ ᏱᎬᎾᏕᎾ
Are you unsure if you have been exposed to or at-risk of being infected with COVID-19? Schedule a virtual care visit with a provider. It is a good option for non-urgent care to limit potential exposure in a physician’s office or other healthcare facility.
ᎠᏴ ᎠᏩᏚᏓᎵ ᎨᏎᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᏂᎦᎥ ᏙᏯ-ᎥᎿᎢ-ᎠᏜᏩᏛ ᏚᏂᎬᏩᎶᏛ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᎪᏈᏗ-19 ᏓᏂᎪᎵᏰᏍᎬᎢ/ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ/ᎧᏅᏩᏅᎯ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ?
Ꮭ. ᏂᎦᏛᏉ ᎠᏎ ᎫᏢᏗ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎬᏔᏂᏓᏍᏗ ᎢᏳᎵᏍᏙᏗ COVID-19 ᎠᎪᎵᏰᎯᏓᏍᏗ ᏓᏂᎪᎵᏰᏍᎬᎢ, ᏅᏬᏘᏲᎢ ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎤᎾᏓᏅᏬᏗᎢ, ᎾᏍᎩ Ꮭ ᎪᎱᏍᏗ ᏣᏈᏴᏓ ᏱᎨᏎᏍᏗ, ᎾᎯᏳ ᎾᏍᎩᏯ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ ᎠᏓᏅᏒ ᎨᏒᎢ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎧᏁᏍᏔᏅᎩ ᎬᏗ Ꮎ ᎤᏓᎵᏍᎪᎸᏓᏁᎸᎢ ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏛ ᎠᎦᏎᏍᏙᏗ ᎠᏓᏁᏢᏍᎩ. ᎢᏳᏃ ᏗᏓᏂᎸᎩ, ᏣᏤᎵ ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᎠᏎᏢ ᎠᏈᏴᏓ, ᎢᎦᏛ ᎠᏈᏴᏓ ᎠᏚᏓᎸᏙᏓ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎪᏣᎴᏍᏙᏗ ᏧᎬᏩᎶᏗ-ᎠᏯᏙᎯᏍᏗᏍᎬ ᎠᏎᎢ ᎨᏒ ᏚᏲᏍᎦ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎬᏔᏂᏓᏍᏗ ᎢᏳᎵᏍᏙᏗ COVID-19 ᎠᎪᎵᏰᎯᏓᏍᏗ ᏓᏂᎪᎵᏰᏍᎬᎢ, ᏅᏬᏘᏲᎢ ᎠᏓᎪᎵᏰᏍᎩ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ ᎠᎴ/ᎠᎴᏃ ᎤᎾᏓᏅᏬᏗᎢ, ᎨᎳᏛᏍᏗ ᎤᏠᏯᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎤᎾᎵᎪᎯ ᎠᎦᎾᏘ ᎠᏓᏩᏛᎯᏓᏍᏗ.
ᎢᏳᏃ ᎠᎩᏂᎬᎬᎨᏍᏗ ᎥᎩᏅᏬᏗᎢ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᎪᏉᎾᏳᎩ, ᎾᏍᎩᏍᎪᏃ ᎠᏚᏓᎸᏙᏗ ᎬᏗ ᎾᏭᏅᎢ ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ?
ᏂᎦᎥ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎬᏔᏂᏓᏍᏗ ᎢᏳᎵᏍᏙᏗ ᎤᎾᏓᏅᏬᏗᎢ ᏧᏠᏱ ᎾᎾᎢ COVID-19 ᏯᏓᎯᏓ ᎨᏒ ᎠᏓᏅᏘᏢ ᎠᏚᏓᎸᏙᏗ ᎤᎾᎵᏍᏕᎸᏙᏗ. ᏂᎦᏛᏉ ᎨᏒᎢ ᎣᏏ ᎠᏰᎸᏅ ᎠᏚᏍᏔᏅᎩ ᎠᏴᏍᏗ ᎾᎾᎢ COVID-19 ᎤᎾᏓᏅᏬᏗᎢ ᎢᏗᏓᏛᏁᏗᎢ ᎾᎿᎢ ᏗᏓᏙᎵᏤᏗ ᎬᏗ ᏩᏥᏂ ᎠᎴ ᏍᎦᏚᎩ ᏗᎧᎿᏩᏛᏍᏗ.
ᎡᎵᏊᏍ ᏱᏕᏥᎧᎵᏣ ᏗᏆᏤᎵ ᏗᏓᏅᏍᏙᏗ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎤᏓᎷᎸᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᏗᎧᎵᏍᏗ ᎢᎪᎯ?
ᎥᎥ, ᏗᏁᎳ ᎠᏎᎢ ᎡᎵᏊ ᏗᎬᏩᏂᎧᎵᏏᏐᏗ ᏗᏓᏅᏍᏙᏗ ᏅᏬᏘ ᎤᏓᎷᎸᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᏗᎧᎵᏍᏗ ᎢᎪᎯ.
ᎦᏙᎤᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ COVID-19 ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ?
There is now a vaccination available that will give you the best chance of protecting yourself and your loved ones from getting COVID-19 in the future. Some COVID-19 vaccines will have two doses a few weeks in between each shot. You will get a COVID-19 Vaccination Reminder Card that will help you keep track of which vaccine you receive and when to get a second dose, if needed. If you receive a vaccine that requires two doses, it is important to get both doses.
ᎭᏢᏃ ᏰᎵᏊ ᏱᏥᎩ ᎾᏍᎩ COVID-19 ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ?
The vaccine is being administered to different populations in a tiered approach. When you are able to get the vaccine, call your doctor with any questions and ask when you can make an appointment with them or at your local pharmacy. Or, find out where to get your vaccine at www.vaccines.gov.
ᎠᏯᏍᎪᏃ ᎠᏎᏯᏛᏁᏗ ᏱᎩ ᎾᎢ ᎠᎩᎩᏍᏗ COVID-19 ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ?
While it is not a requirement, getting your COVID-19 vaccine will give you the best chance of protecting yourself and your loved ones from getting COVID-19 in the future.
ᎠᏯ ᎦᏳᎳ ᎠᎩᏂᏴᎲᎩ COVID-19. ᎡᎵᏊᏍ ᏏᏃ ᎠᎩᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ ?
Even if you have already had COVID-19, you should still get the vaccine. It may be possible to be infected more than once so getting the vaccine is a safe choice.
ᏰᎵᏊᏍ ᎠᏇᏥ ᎠᏲᏟ ᎬᏩᎩᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎥᏳᎢ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ?
Currently, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is recommended for people ages 12 and older. The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are recommended for those ages 18 and older.
I’m pregnant. Should I get the vaccine?
The CDC currently recommends the COVID-19 vaccine for pregnant women. If you have questions about getting the vaccine, it is recommended to discuss with your doctor to make an informed decision.
ᎾᏳᎢ ᏥᎩᏍᏒᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ, ᏰᎵᏊᏍ ᏱᏥᏑᎳᎪᎢ ᎠᎵᎬᏚᎶᏗ ᎾᏬᏅᎢ ᎠᎴᏃ ᎢᎾ ᏱᏗᏓᎳᏗᏍᏗ ᏥᎩ?
Fully vaccinated is considered two weeks past final dose, meaning the second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer mRNA vaccine, or, two weeks past the single dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial of high transmission.
Wearing a mask is most important if you have a weakened immune system or if, because of your age or an underlying medical condition, you are at increased risk for severe disease, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated. If this applies to you or your household, you might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission in your area.
Fully vaccinated people who have come into close contact with someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and to wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
What do we know about the Delta variant?
- The Delta variant is highly contagious, nearly twice as contagious as previous variants.
- Some data suggest the Delta variant might cause more severe illness than previous strains in unvaccinated persons.
- Unvaccinated people remain at the greatest risk for severe illness, hospitalization, and death.
- Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to be infectious for a shorter period of time.
- Vaccines are highly effective, including against the Delta variant
What do we know about breakthrough cases for people who are fully vaccinated?
- A small percentage of people who are fully vaccinated will still get COVID-19 if they are exposed to the virus that causes it. These are called “vaccine breakthrough cases.” This means that while people who have been vaccinated are much less likely to get sick, it will still happen in some cases. It’s also possible that some fully vaccinated people might have infections, but not have symptoms (asymptomatic infections). Experts continue to study how common these cases are.
- If you get COVID-19 after vaccination, your symptoms might be less severe.
- Fully vaccinated people are much less likely to be hospitalized or die than people with similar risk factors who are not vaccinated.
ᎾᏍᎩ ᏄᏍᏛ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᏄᎾᏰᎯᏍᏛᎾᏍᎪᏃ?
ᎾᏍᎩᏃ ᏄᎾᏰᎯᏍᏛᎾ ᎥᎿᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ COVID-19 ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎾᏍᎩ ᏩᎦᎸᎳᏗᏴ ᎤᎵᏍᎨᏗᏴ! ᎾᏍᎩᏃ ᎠᎵᏍᏓᏴᏗ ᎠᎴ ᎠᎩᏍᏗ ᎤᏴᏍᏗ ᎤᎦᏎᏍᏗᏕᎩ (FDA) ᎠᎵᏏᎾᎯᏍᏗ ᏓᏂᎪᎵᏰᏍᎪᎢ ᏂᎦᏓ ᏄᎾᏰᎯᏍᏛᎾ ᎦᏟᏌᏅᎯ ᏂᏓᏳᏓᎴᏅ ᏅᏍᏩᏯᏍᏗ ᎠᏂᏴᏫ ᏕᎨᏥᎪᎵᏰᏍᎬᎢ ᎠᎴ ᏗᎵᏍᎪᎸᏙᏗᎢ ᎤᏟᏍᏓ ᎢᎦᎵᏍᏗᏍᎩ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎬᏙᏗ ᎤᏩᏌ ᎾᏳᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎤᏚᎩ ᎤᏩᏒ ᏧᎾᎵᏍᏕᎸᏙᏗ ᎤᎶᏒᏍᏓ ᎢᏳᎵᏍᏙᏗ ᎨᏒᎢ ᏗᎦᎾᏰᎩ. COVID-19 ᎥᏳᎩ ᏗᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᎪᎵᏰᏓ ᎨᏒᎩ ᎾᎿᎢ ᎡᏉᎯᏳ ᏅᏍᏩᏯᏍᏗ ᎠᏂᏴᏫ ᏕᎨᏥᎪᎵᏰᏍᎬᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᏙᏳᎢ ᏚᏳᎪᏛ ᎨᏒᎢ ᎾᏂᎥ ᏚᎾᏠᎯᏍᏔᏅᎩ ᏄᎾᏰᎯᏍᏛᎾ ᏂᏗᎬᏩᏍᏗᎭᎢ.
ᎡᎵᏊᏍᎪᏃ ᏂᎦᎥ ᏅᏬᏘ ᏙᏓᎴᏤᎲᎩ ᏱᎾᏓᎵᏍᏓᏏ ᎾᏳᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎤᎩᏣᏲᏢᎢ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ?
You may run a fever after you get the vaccine. This is normal as your body builds immunity and fights off future COVID-19 exposures. You may feel sick after getting vaccinated. You could develop a fever, headache or body aches. This is your body reacting to the vaccine, which is a normal response. It is important to know that it is impossible to get COVID-19 from the vaccine. The vaccines currently in use and others being developed do not contain a live virus.
ᎠᏎᏍᎪᏃ ᎠᏈᏗ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᎩᎩᏍᏗᎢ? ᎠᎴᏃ ᎤᏓᎷᎸᎢ ᎠᎵᏍᎪᎸᏗᏍᎩ ᎠᎩᏍᏗ?
Ꮭ. ᎾᏍᎩᏃ COVID-19 ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᏰᎵᏉ ᎨᏎᏍᏗ ᎥᎿᎢ Ꮭ ᎪᎱᏍᏗ ᏗᏣᎬᏫᎳᏁᏗ ᏱᎨᏎᏍᏗ. ᏂᎯ ᏞᏍᏗ ᏳᏚᎸᏓ ᎠᎩᏍᏗ ᏱᎩ ᎤᏓᎷᎸᎢ ᎠᎵᏍᎪᎸᏗᏍᎩ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᏣᏤᎵ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎠᎭᎷᎩᏍᎩ.
COVID-19 ᎠᏰᎸ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎤᎾᎵᏍᎦᏍᏙᏓ ᎥᎩᏣᏲᏢ ᎧᏃᎮᏍᎩ ᎾᏍᎩ ᏆᎾᏲᏍᏗ ᎠᏆᏤᎵ ᎠᎩᏲᎰᏎᎸᎩ. ᎦᏙᎤᏍᏗ ᏱᎦᏛᎦ ᏃᏊ?
Please call the administering facility/provider you received your first dose from to ask about your vaccine information and verify your second appointment/location.
I am due for my second dose. I got my first dose from another provider who is not my PCP but I don’t have their contact information. What do I do now?
ᎾᏍᎩᏃ ᎠᏓᏁᏢᏍᎩ ᎡᎵᏍᏓ ᎦᏳᎳ ᎠᏎᎸᎢᏴᎢ ᏔᎵᏁ ᏓᏒᏍᏔᏅᎢ ᎤᏠᏯᏍᏗ ᏂᎯ ᎤᎿᎢ ᎤᏠᏯ ᎠᏓᏁᎸᎢ ᎾᎯᏳ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎠᎬᏱ ᏤᏣᏣᏲᏢᎢ. ᎠᏎᏍᎩᏂ, ᏂᎯ ᏰᎵᏊ ᏣᎩᏍᏗ ᏣᏤᎵ ᏔᎵᏁ ᎠᏓᏣᏲᏍᏗ ᏄᏓᎴ ᏄᏓᎴᏍᏛ ᏂᏓᏳᏓᎴᏅ ᎠᏓᏁᎸᎢ/ᎠᏓᏁᏢᏍᎩ ᎠᎴ ᏂᎯ ᎡᎵᏍᏓ ᎬᏂᎨᏒ ᏱᏨᏗ ᏱᎩ ᏣᏤᎵ COVID-19 ᎠᏰᎸ ᎥᏳᎩ ᎤᎾᎵᏍᎦᏍᏙᏓ ᎧᏃᎮᏍᎩ ᏆᎾᏲᏍᏗ.
ᏂᏕᎬᎾᏍ ᏗᏓᏅᏘᏢᏅ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᏗᏟᎵᎶᏍᏔᏅ ᎤᏠᏯᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ COVID-19 ᏄᏩᏂᏌᏅᎢ?
ᎤᏪᎵᎯᏍᏗ ᎠᎴ ᎣᏪᎵᎯᏍᏗᏍᎬ ᏰᎵᎢ ᏯᎵᏌᎳᏛᎩ ᏂᎦᎵᏍᏗᏍᎬ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎠᏱᎵᏙᎲ COVID-19. ᎤᏃᏝᎩ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᏧᎾᎵᎢ ᎠᎴ ᏏᏓᏁᎸᎢ ᎾᏍᎩᎾᏃ ᎾᎿᎢ ᎠᏂᏁᎸ ᎤᎾᎢ ᏚᏙᏢᏒᎢ COVID-19 ᏩᏱᎵᏍᏒᎢ ᎠᎴᏃ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎥᏳᎢ ᎠᎵᏱᎵᏍᏒᎢ ᎤᏩᏌ ᏅᏛᎬᏩᏙᏢᏅᎢ.
- ᏣᏓᎦᏎᏍᏕᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ ᏣᏤᎵ ᎯᏰᎸᎢ. ᎭᏫᏂ ᎧᏬᎳᏕᏍᏗ, ᎠᏓᏯᏍᏗ ᎠᎴ ᎺᏗᏖᏗ.
- ᎫᏓᎸᎢ ᎠᏠᏯᏍᏗ ᎠᏂᏐᎢᏃ. ᎠᏯᏙᎯᏍᏗ ᏣᏕᏯᏙᏗᏍᎬᎢ ᎠᎴ ᎦᏙᎤᏍᏓ ᏣᏓᏛᎢ ᎤᏠᏯᏍᏗ Ꮎ ᏍᏓᎵᎢ ᎠᎴᏃ ᏕᏣᏓᏘᎾᎲᎢ ᎠᏁᎳ. ᏂᎬᏩᏍᏗ ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏛ ᏓᎾᏓᏚᏓᎸᎥᏍᎬ ᎠᎴ ᎠᏓᏅᏖᏗ ᎤᏚᎩ ᎬᏗ ᎠᎴ ᎤᏙᎯᏳᎢ ᎠᏓᏅᏖᏓ.
- ᎠᏯᏙᏍᏗᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎤᎾᏙᎯᏳ ᏄᏰᎵᏛ COVID-19 ᎠᎴ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎤᏙᎯᏳ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎨᏒ ᎦᎾᏰᎩ ᎾᎢ ᎠᏂᏐᎢ. ᎠᏂᏴᏫ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎤᏂᎷᏨ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᎢᏗᎬᎾᏕᎾ ᏂᎬᏯᎢᏒ ᎠᏱᎵᏙᎲᎢ ᎤᏟ ᎢᎦᎢ ᏏᏃ 14 ᏧᏒᎯᏓ ᏥᎨᏒ ᎠᎴ ᏞᏍᏗ ᎤᏂᎭ ᎠᏓᏎᎮᎯ ᏄᎵᏍᏓᏁᎲᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ COVID-19 ᏞᏍᏗ ᎠᏂᏐᎦᎾᏰᎩ ᏂᏛᏁᎸᎩ.
ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᎤᏟ ᎢᎦᎢ ᎧᏃᎮᏢᎥᏍᎩ, ᎤᏠᏯᏍᏗ ᎡᏙᎵᏓᏍᏗ ᏗᎾᏓᏕᏲᎲᏍᎩ, ᎰᏩᏊ ᎠᏩᏛᎯᏓᏍᏗ cdc.gov.