Medicare Part D prescription drug plans are also known as PDPs. Medicare Part D is a government program that offers prescription drug insurance to everyone who is entitled to Medicare Part A and/or enrolled in Medicare Part B.
When you are ready to decide on a plan, take the time to understand how the plans work. That way, you can make an informed decision and choose the plan that's right for you.
ᏧᏓᎴᎿᎢ PDPs ᎤᏚᏓᎵ ᏧᏓᎴᎿᎢ ᏗᎩᏍᏗ ᏧᏴᏍᏗ
The federal government has specific guidelines for the types of medications we must cover as well as a minimum standard of benefits we must follow.
Each plan has a formulary (a list of covered drugs) that meets these requirements as required by law. Keep in mind, not all plans are the same. They may vary in cost or specific drugs covered.
ᎢᏳᏃ ᏂᎯ ᎡᏦᏪᎶᏗ ᎾᎿᎢ ᎾᏍᎩ Medicare ᎤᏓᏡᎬ D ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ, ᎰᏩᏊ ᎠᎪᎵᏰᏗ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᎤᎲᎢ ᏂᏕᎬᏅ ᎢᏗᎬᏁᏗ ᏗᎦᏟᏌᏅᎯ ᎾᎢ ᎪᎯᏳᏙᏓ ᎾᏍᎩ ᎠᏎ ᏚᎾᏠᎯᏍᏔᏅᎩ ᏣᏤᎵ ᎠᏓᏅᏍᏙᏗ ᎠᎩᏍᏗ ᎤᏴᏍᏗ ᏣᏚᏓᎸᏛᎢ ᎤᏚᎸᏛ.
ᎢᏳᏃ ᏂᎯ ᏱᏣᎭ Ꮎ ᏃᏊ ᏥᎩ Medicare ᎠᏜᏅᏓᏗᏍᎬ ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ
ᎢᏳᏃ ᏣᏤᎵ Medicare Advantage ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᏓᏠᏯᏍᏗ ᎠᏓᏅᏍᏙᏗ ᎠᎩᏍᏗ ᎤᏴᏍᏗ ᏣᏚᏓᎸᏛᎢ ᎠᎴ ᏂᎯ ᏣᏖᎳᏗᏍᏗ Medicare PDP, ᏂᎯ ᎠᏎ ᏕᎪᏪᎸ ᏕᏣᏙᎥ ᎪᏣᎴᏍᏗ ᎨᏎᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᏣᏤᎵ Medicare Advantage ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᎠᎴ ᏅᏛᎤᏨᏛ ᎾᎢ ᎢᎬᏱ ᎠᎴᏅᏔᏅ Medicare ᎬᏗ ᏣᏤᎵ Medicare PDP.
Medicare Drug Coverage (Part D) Late Enrollment Penalty
The late enrollment penalty is an amount that’s added to your monthly Medicare drug plan (Part D) premium. You may owe a late enrollment penalty if at any time after your Initial Enrollment Period is over, there’s a period of 63 or more days in a row when you don’t have Medicare drug coverage or other credible prescription drug coverage. You will generally have to pay the penalty for as long as you have Medicare drug coverage.
ᎾᏳᎢ ᏱᏂᎦᎵᏍᏗ ᎾᎢ ᎠᏚᏓᎸᏗᎢ, ᏂᎯ ᏣᎲᎢ ᏗᏑᏰᏍᏗ:
- ᏂᎯ ᏰᎵᏊ ᎨᏣᎩᏍᏗ ᎠᏓᏅᏍᏙᏗ ᎠᎩᏍᏗ ᎤᏴᏍᏗ ᏣᏚᏓᎸᏛᎢ ᏬᎶᎯᏍᏗ Medicare PDP (ᎤᏓᏡᎬ D).
- ᏂᎯ ᏰᎵᏊ ᎠᏖᎳᏗᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ Medicare Advantage ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ (HMO ᎠᎴᏃ PPO) ᎠᎴᏃ ᏐᎢ Medicare ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏛ ᎠᏍᏓᏩᏛᏍᏗ ᎾᏍᎩᎾ ᏓᏂᏍᎪᎸᏗᏍᎬ Medicare ᎠᏓᏅᏍᏙᏗ ᎠᎩᏍᏗ ᎤᏴᏍᏗ ᏣᏚᏓᎸᏛᎢ.
ᎤᏓ ᎢᎦᎢ ᏗᎵᏏᏅᏙᏗ ᎤᏓ ᎢᎦᎢ ᎠᏚᏓᎸᏗᎢ. ᎤᎾᏓᎦᏎᏍᏙᏗ ᎢᏯᏓᏛᏁᏗ.
- Wellcare offers plans designed to help those eligible for Extra Help (Low Income Subsidy) where members may pay no or low premiums and copays if enrolled
- Low premium plans are also available in all states with copays starting as low as $0 when filled at preferred pharmacies
- Wellcare also offers plans with no deductible which means the plan begins covering prescription drug costs on day one
- Thousands of network pharmacies are available nationwide in our network including national, regional and local chains, grocers and independent pharmacies
- We partner with preferred pharmacies to help save member’s money. Preferred pharmacies in our network include many well-known national and regional retailers. Use our
Find a Provider tool to find a preferred pharmacy closest to you
Member Service representatives are ready to help you with any questions about your coverage or medications. For a complete list of drugs covered by our plan, please review our website or contact our member services department.